Layout made for the May Crop Sketch Challenge at the ScrapRoom. The challenge called for decorative edges and stitching.The May Crop Sketch Challenge worked well for this monthly update for Zoe's personality album. I tend to be heavier on the journalling in my layouts so I had to expand that area - but since I also enlarged the photo size to 5x7, it seems to be balanced.
I try to take Zoe out for a home-made photo shoot once a month around the 2nd - then I journal about her at that time for her blog update. I pretty much just copy/paste the blog entry into a document for the journalling whenever I'm inspired to do a layout from the photo shoot.
The stash I had from Piggy Tales and imaginisce worked beautifully together, I think.
And this is my work area after that layout. I cleaned it all up, put everything away before starting that layout last night. Time to clean up again before I start the next layout/challenge. Heading out for the day, hopefully will find more time tonite for some scrapping.
Edited for Danielle - these aren't real stitches, they are rub on tapes from Daisy D's (link here).
3 comments:
Wow! You're on fire! You have been scrapbooking so much lately. These challenges seemed to be just what you needed. I'm not sure where the challenges are coming from and how they work exactly - but they are working for ya! Love...love...love the layouts. All of them are fantastic. You inspire me once again. It may be a while for me to post but I'm done with Expo so scrapping gets to be a top priority again. YES!
Question: How did you stitch on these? I didn't think you ever stitched pages. Was it easy? Let me know.
Danielle - that's so cool that the stitches fooled ya! I used a rub on tape from Daisy D - check here for details on it: http://www.daisydspaper.com/showCustom.cfm?version=rubontape
Post a Comment