Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Eastbound and Loaded Down

 

Eastbound and Loaded Down

My own design. And even a 2-pager, how about that?!

Products used are from the December 2010 Studio Calico Metropolitan kit.

The label is straight on the page but the picture makes it look crooked - also, the coloring seems off. Both sides are the same green cardstock. I love the way the hand-cut buildings turned out, such pretty Basic Grey paper from the Wander collection. The yellow stickers say “It’s not a trip, it’s a MOVE” which is what Zoe kept saying when anyone would ask if she was having a good trip.

It took me a little while to get motivated and inspired to scrap the move. I’m glad that these memories are documented now and that we all look back to the trip as a fun and adventurous one. It was difficult to leave friends and family back in Arizona, but on the flip side, it was also good to be back to friends and family in Missouri.

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Great double layout - well done. I know it's nearly impossible to get a picture of a layout that makes it looks straight. It's aggravating isn't it, when you take so much time to line things up.

Danielle said...

Great layout! Did you cut those buildings out? If so, I'm very impressed.