Thursday, January 27, 2011

Scrap-a-palooza!

Last Saturday, my scrappy pal Danielle and I attended Scrap-a-palooza! More than 250 scrappers got together and played with paper from 9am to 10pm! We had a ball! I had the goal of doing two-pagers as they are my hardest types of pages to scrap.
scrapapalooza
Here you can see where Danielle and I are doing our thing. (Picture courtesy of Scrapbook Generations website)
Becoming a Jedi

I've held onto our favorite memories at Disneyland because I had so many pictures of each of the two events and knew I'd need to create two-page layouts for them. I'm so pleased with the way this Jedi layout turned out! And surprisingly, it came together in about the same amount of time as a one-pager would have.

Layout made using the Studio Calico Napa Valley kit.

Meeting the Princesses

This one I used as the sketch challenge for the crop. My pictures fit nicely into their sketch. It also came together pretty easily.

Layout made using the Studio Calico Who's Who kit.

Becoming Mothra

And then there was more time so I threw this one together - another layout that required two-pagers because of the pictures I wanted to include.

Layout made using the Studio Calico On the Easel kit.

So there you have it - a fun day of scrapbooking and several layouts to show for it! Dave and Zoe spent the afternoon over at Danielle's house playing with her husband and kids. A very fun day for everyone involved!

6 comments:

Susanne said...

Looks like lots of fun. You did a great job on those 2-page layouts; those can be so tricky.

Mary Jo said...

Do they do big crops like that often?
I'm in St. Louis so not to far and that looks fun!

Great layouts, but smiling at the Jedi one. I know my son would love that :)

jacque4u2c said...

SO jealous! This just looks like TOOOOOOOO MUCH fun!

Jessica said...

These are GREAT two pagers. I've never been to a crop & wow that one looked amazing!!!! So many people were there!!!

Kelly said...

Great pages!!

Sasha Farina said...

Oh my goodness... that looks like FUN!