Thursday, March 18, 2010

Scrapbook Generation Retreat in Missouri

This past weekend, I was fortunate to spend it with my dear friend, Danielle, at my first ever scrapbook retreat, hosted by Scrapbook Generation, a Springfield Missouri local scrapbook store. This was my first time scrapbooking outside of my home and I was a bit nervous about it. I had a blast! It was exhausted and we didn't get much sleep, but the time I got to spend with Danielle and focus on our love of scrapbooking was more than worth the lack of sleep and long road trip.

Here are the layouts I completed over the weekend. There is only 1 missing as it was created for my DT work for Sassy Lil' Sketches and will be revealed on the 28th along with the sketch.

The following layouts were created with the March kit from The ScrapRoom:

Basic Grey kit, MME journal card, BG chipboard, Maya Mist, October Afternoon and My Little Shoebox alphas
Original layout


Cosmo Cricket kit, Maya Road chipboard and mist, Sassafras and October Afternoon journal cards, My Little Shoebox and OA alphas, OA sticker.
Sketch from Scrapbook Generation

Jillibean Soup kit, Jillibean journal sprout, AC thickers
Sketch from Julie Bonner


I created these two using Studio Calico kits:

Studio Calico February kit, Bakers Dozen, October Afternoon stickers and alpha, AC thickers, Maya mist
Original layout
Studio Calico February kit, Bakers Dozen, October Afternoon journal card
original layout


Another layout using a kit from the ScrapRoom, with added embellishments from Danielle. This one was a challenge she gave me - knowing I do not care to make 2 page layouts. She wanted to see how quickly I could put this together, using the embellishments she gave me, the kit I tried to give HER and my new sketchbook from Scrapbook Generation. I really like the end result and will work to continue making two page layouts. I loved that I could find all these pictures just in my envelopes I took to the retreat and was able to put them all on a very meaningful layout. THANK YOU DANIELLE!!

The ScrapRoom September 2009 kit from Pink Paislee, Studio Calico stickers, October Afternoon stickers, Pink Paislee chipboard, misc gems, Prima alpha stickers
Sketch from Scrapbook Generation Vol.4 from Allison Davis

A truly fun, creative and inspiring weekend! I learned some new tricks, gave up on some old "ways and tools" and am completely inspired to do 2-page layouts and mini albums. I also know better how to plan for a crop and/or retreat and look forward to next Spring and hope that Danielle and I can make this a yearly treat to ourselves!

Thank you, Danielle!

edited to add: Another post to follow with pictures from the retreat, not just the layouts completed

1 comment:

Barbara Ferguson said...

How fun Kim!! I've been eyeing those Scrapbook Generations sketch books for some time now, and just reserved the DVD this morning. I've never been to any kind of crop or retreat and they sound like so much fun and you can learn alot. I heard SG's retreat are quite the "learning tool" and if one can go, they are considered to be VERY lucky! TFS your layouts, look forward to more pics. :)