Friday, March 10, 2023

Project Life 2023 - Week 1

Welcome back to Scrappin' with ZoezMom!

I'm trying a new size for our yearly family album. I used to document one month at a time and referred to the project as Project 12. Now that I'm going about this project on a weekly basis, I'm switching up the size and format, mostly to use up the supplies I've already got on hand. I have 2 of these 12x6 albums from Studio Calico, not sure if a full year will fit into just 1, we'll see.

The yellow one in front is the new size for 2023, the black album is 2022, shown for comparison.

Usually, I get as far as putting pictures and cards into the pockets and move on to the next month. This is probably the main reason I haven't shared layouts or P12 in several years, I just haven't actually COMPLETED the pages. I hope to change that this year, and part of that is sharing what I've completed...including previous years dabbled throughout as I 'complete' them.

Project Life 2023 - Title Page


I'm keeping a spot open for a family photo from this year. I have plans to search my stash for sequins to drop into that 2023 pocket and then I'll use my fuse tool to seal it. 

Peeking through the '2023' are the cards from Week 1 - planning and lining up that background card on the right took probably an hour here and there, back and forth. I love the way it turned out.

It's a work in progress, much like each week. I have pictures and cards up through this past week when I ran out of photo paper. Hence diving into the part I always seem to skip - titling, journaling and embellishing.

Kit: Ali Edwards Stories by the Month January 2023





Week 1 - January 1 - 8, 2023



I want the weeks to start on Monday and end on Sunday, so this first week has one extra day.

I love the products from the kit and wanted to include them without eliminating pictures. My solution was creating little flip ups with the tags cut from the 4x6 card in the kit.

One of my goals for the year is to use my stamps and use my stash. I keep all of this great product within arms reach in cute little drawers, why not USE it?







Flip-ups - my first time creating something like this, I think. I still need details from Zoe for the card, but this is good enough to move on to the next week! 





No comments: