Pictured here are some before shots. Below is the view looking down the hall straight into the loft and Dave's work area (notice our mobile work center in the middle for when we are allowed to work from home) and what used to be Zoe's work area - which her desk has recently been moved into her room during her room reorganization project a few weeks ago.
The second picture is of our home filing cabinet and just basic storage that isn't utilized very well. I had gotten these 2 pieces several months ago on a super clearance at Staples, but it just didn't work out for my desk solution, so we later got the Ikea stuff for me and this became household storage.
Pictured last is a recent shot of my scrapbook corner in the master bedroom - dark, lonely, cluttered and uninspiring.
AFTER
Top of the stairs, looking into the loft. We got a smaller expedit for Dave and a desk to attach to it. This will help give him storage for all his "stuff" and hopefully hide his mess a little more effectively.

Looking down the hall... much better than the before shot. Can't you hear me sighing in relief just looking at this picture?

Dave's new work area. We need to get a couple shelves to mount above his desk for more storage and a place for him to display his toys...err, action figures... er whatever.

My new scrapbook space. Using the 2 pieces from Staples and adding a matching bookself like Dave's new one. The bottom filing drawer is all of our home stuff and I get the top drawer for some of my supplies. Also, I was able to do away with the pegboard and store my paper vertically - see those 2 organizers on the 2nd shelf with the colored paper? Yeah... that was what was taking up all that space on the pegboard. Much more organized and less cluttered. I'm not done with the cube storage, still need to purchase some baskets and do some labeling, but we're well on our way. It's so nice to have everything out here in the loft and to be able to be part of the family no matter what I am doing in my "free" time.

I will do some more pictures and elaborate more on my new and improved scrap space later in the week as I find time. For now, I just wanted to show some before/after shots of the loft. I'm still setting up shop out here, but will post again soon!
2 comments:
WOW - what a HUGE difference in your before and after photos. Organizing is so rewarding especially when you end with those results -great job! I had no idea your little scrap space was in your master B/R all this time. Will you have your own table to work on in the loft? Can't wait to see more.
What a transformation! Wanna come do mine next? ;-)
Post a Comment